Are you looking to import or export products but aren’t sure about the requirements that go along with the process? We are here to explain a few things to consider when looking for an El Paso customs broker.
At Cordova Brokerage International Inc. in El Paso, we are a dedicated customs broker that helps provide importers and exporters with effective and personalized services. If you’re interested in our services, call us at (915) 595-8774 or fill out our contact us online today!
Things to Consider
A customs broker is a person or organization that acts as a go-between for businesses in handling customs formalities for importing and exporting goods. An El Paso customs broker will help you understand certain requirements for importing and exporting, get the necessary clearances, and will submit the paperwork and payments on your behalf. When it comes to hiring a customs broker to handle your goods and products, you want to make sure they are up to your standards in professionalism. Read below for a list of things to look for when researching customs brokers in El Paso.
- Their Capabilities Match Your Expectations- In handling goods, you want a customs broker that will be in constant communication with you. They also need to have the appropriate technology to support their products the way you need them to be handled. Great customer service should also be a must.
- They’re Experienced With Your Type of Industry- Each industry has certain regulations when it comes to cross-border shipping. When you choose an El Paso customs broker that is industry-focused, you can trust that they keep up with any change in policies or regulations. Be sure to ask them about their experience in the industry and if they can manage your shipment volumes.
- Make Sure Their Offices Are in Line With Your Ports- If your shipment has to go through multiple ports, then this factor is especially important. The customs broker should have an office in or near the ports you ship through. It’s also best to make sure they offer 24/7 service since products don’t stop moving when we sleep.
- They Have a Good Reputation and Are Licensed- A customs broker that has strong relationships with location authorities can potentially allow for an easier border crossing. Going with a customs broker that is licensed and registered is also very important. See Cordova Brokerage’s full list of certifications here.
- Single Carrier Relationship or LTL- If you want to save time and potentially money, using an LTL customs broker gives you a single point of contact, one invoice, and an expert resource for cross-border paperwork.
El Paso Customs Broker
Cordova Brokerage has a great working relationship with many shipment agencies. If you’re looking for a customs broker in El Paso that delivers quality service, you’ve come to the right place. We have extensive experience in this industry with a variety of different services. When you choose us, you’re choosing a reliable team that will make your trading simple and stress-free.